Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hello World!

Greetings everyone!
     Being that this is my first blog ever, however, a more appropriate opening line would probably be something along the lines of "Hello, is anyone out there?"  However, I am hoping/expecting some bored unfortunate souls will stumble upon my barren blog by mistake somehow and that they will at least make it to the warm welcoming line.  From that first line, they will feel obligated to finish reading this brilliant Pulitzer Prize-worthy blog entry, and their original search will be completely eradicated from their mind.  Yup.  That's the plan.

So, I pretty much wanted to start this blog because I'm taking a semester (or two) off from college, and I'm hoping to have some interesting experiences to share with my fellow (and currently nonexistant) readers.  I decided to title the blog Lost in My Neighborhood because my sense of direction is somewhat below average.  I may have even gotten lost in my home town before.  My family might have had to come find me and take me home after I attempted to find the local Barnes and Nobel and ended up in a different county instead.  I'm not saying for certain, but it may have happened.  

During this wonderful period of self discovery, I am making some realistic long term goals.  For example, I am aiming to make my first million by writing the next great American novel before returning to school the following year.  My short term goals include developing the attention span necessary to actually get past the first paragraph of said novel.  

While I am composing the next Great American novel, I am working part-time in Philadelphia and hanging out with the 1.5 friends I have made in my life so far.  I like it a lot.

Well my hunger pangs are making it impossible to concentrate on blogging, so this ends my first post.  Hopefully my next post will actually have some substance to it and at least have a writing level comparable to a gifted sixth grader.  

Cheers!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home